Saturday, May 17, 2008

Pursuit's 18 Hours of Smoke: 4:27pm


Reporting back with the all is well update. Smoking has now been underway for 11 hours and the meat has taken on a delicious black coat that undoubtedly will yield to an impressive smoke ring once the meat is shredded. As far as I can tell, juicy goodness has been maintained.

Interesting encounter with my neighbor this morning at 6a.m. I saw him come out of his garage, and went over to say hello. He asked me if I was "bar be queing" and I informed him that yes, he would be the beneficiary of 18 hours of wonder. To be candid, he looked at me like I was nuts. I attributed this to some sort of personality defect - his not mine - and as a result, felt no ill will toward him.

I truly am a man of the people.

That's all for now. Got to mop the meat, and then go out and get some things for dinner. I think I may take the brisket off at 8pm and serve that tonight. We'll do the pork later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment