Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Big Day!

It hasbeen almost two years since our town's little, independent grocer went out of business. At the time, his demise was a shocking event for those of us who visited regularly, because he was always busy, had good stuff (gawd, the lamb was the best!), and he would do little things like keep an account and send you a bill at the end of the month. I'm told this started because in some homes the staff did the shopping, and could just put everything on account and didn't have to carry cash. I wouldn't know about such things.

Anyway, our little grocer decided to expand, took on enormous debt and promptly failed. His store, which was in the middle of town, stood empty, like an open wound for the past two years.

That is until today! Today, a new era dawns as Fresh Market is opening in the old guy's place. Now I don't know much about FM, but it has to be better than what we've been limited two during the last 24
months! So, my car is positined at the station, and when I get off the train tonight at 7:16, I will be off on yet another culinary adventure. Wish me luck my little gastronauts!

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment