Sunday, January 22, 2006

Scenes From The United Center Parking Lot: Sunday, January 22


"Hi"

"Hi"

"Here is my parking pass"

"Uh, sir"

"Yes?"

"This if for the Rolling Stones Concert"

"Well, yeah"

"That would be tomorrow night"

"No kidding?"

"No kidding"

"So I guess we'll see you tomorrow night"

"I guess you will"

"Ok, then"

"Just do a U-turn over there sir"

"Uh, ok"

As it turned out, we did have a very nice dinner at Merlot on Maple. After a nice Antipasto Italliano, I enjoyed a wonderfully braised lamb shank with roasted potatoes and spinach, and Mrs. P had a nice vegetable risotto. We washed it down with a bottle of Nero d'avola, 2003. The d'avola was a bit tight upon opening, but with time revealed some nice cherry with rustic undertones. Finished it off with Semi Freddo and espresso.

While a bit pricey, they've got some expensive real estate to pay for so one must expect a larger bill in this area and the food was good to quite good. I'd describe it as home style Italian. Could I have done just as well in my own kitchen? Maybe, but then I wouldn't have had the luxury of going to a non-existent concert, and getting out of the house on an impromptu date! Would I recommend this place? Yes, however, I'd like the service to be a bit more attentive for the price.

See ya tomorrow night Mick.

No comments:

Post a Comment