While I'm off pursuing economic fulfillment this afternoon, I thought I'd leave you with a little dish I prepared last night. Its healthy, simple and packed with flavor. Most importantly it makes leftover stuff, elegant and tasty. I used the left over rib eye steak from daughter pursuit #2's birthday dinner earlier in the week, but any cut will do.
left over steak, enough for 2 or 3 decent size slices per salad
mixed greens of your choice
1 jar of roasted red peppers, or prepare 2 of your own sliced into strips
1 box of cherry tomatoes
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 avocado for each salad, sliced
thyme to taste
salt and pepper
1/3 c olive oil
1/3c lighter oil
couple "plops" balsamic vinegar
1/3c minus a couple "plops" red wine vinegar
basil to taste chopped
garlic to taste minced
Parmesan cheese grated to taste
1. Heat oven to 500, and mix, cherry tomatoes in splash of oil, chopped garlic, and two teaspoons each of chopped rosemary, thyme. Slice onion half into thin strips and mix in. Add salt and pepper and roast for 10-15 minutes. Remove and set aside
2. While tomatoes are roasting prepare dressing.
2. Chop greens and mix.
3. Sprinkle approximately 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme for each salad you're making in
4. Put greens on plate, and arrange roast tomatoes, onions, and avocado slices on each plate.
5. Grind some fresh pepper over each salad
6. Add steak slices on top, and dress each salad.
7. Serve and gratiously receive accolades of thrilled guests.