Monday, January 17, 2005

I Liked The Village

Rented The Village last night on DVD, and I have to say I do not understand all the critical comments this movie receive when it came out. I thought it was an excellent story, albeit one that I did not expect prior to having seen the film.



Perhaps that is the issue so many people had with The Village? While this story, had the pretense of suspense given Shayamalan's other works, suspense was hardly the point here. Instead, this was really about fear and how people use it to control others, and ultimately how one must be a willing participant to be controlled by others. An excellent lesson when we see some cults or religions and wonder how they get people to behave in ways that are so contradictory to their self interest.



No comments:

Post a Comment