Saturday, January 22, 2005

The Nature of Faith

There has been some interesting comments on my post below regarding Intelligent Design vs. Evolution. One of the commenters, Captain Mainline, made the point about the role of faith in religion and how the "proof", in scientific terms of God's existence will never be possilbe. The very nature of belief, and faith dictate this.



I find this very interesting and I wonder what role faith plays in the lives of people. I find for me that the further I trust in faith, the more I am assured in God's existence and the more rewarding my belief is. I sure there are those that would say this is nothing more than a self-reinforcing sort of belief, but I think its much more than that. Ultimately, I believe faith is what pulls us through difficult times with grace and dignity.



I'm curious to know what others think on this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment