Wednesday, March 9, 2005

The President's Speech at the National Defense University

President Bush made an excellent and important speech yesterday at Fort McNair. In it, he outlined for what must be the thousandth time his approach to the War on Terror, why Iraq is an important part of it, and continued to put pressure on regimes in the region to liberalize and bring increased freedom to their people.

I'm under no illusion that the those on the Left who remain in denial will suddenly wake up and see the how's and why's of what the U.S. doing, but I hope that they'll at least begin to consider that we may be on the right track here. I'll never understand the death grip these folks maintain on the failed policies of diplomacy backed by appeasement, especially since they've taken us and the region backwards for nearly a half century. I know, I know, we're just trying to "give peace a chance".

Spare me.

I was going to do a full review of the speech, with my favorite excerpts, and then I see the lovely and brilliant Annika not only beat me to the punch, but also did a better job than I ever could. Go read her post, and then read the speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment